Guess what guys! So far, we have 15 CFD athletes signed up for the 2019 CrossFit Open! That's awesome! If you haven't signed up yet and want to be placed on a team (of course you do!) for our in-house CFD open intramural competition, you have until Wednesday night to sign up! All levels, all ages...NO EXCUSES!! Go to www.games.crossfit.com to register. The random draw for teams will take place on Thursday morning so we will be posting the teams on Thursday mid-day, before the release of 19.1 at 8pm! GET PUMPED!!
Here are the details for our in-house intramural friendly competition...
* Each athlete will be put on a team with a coach as their team captain
* Each team comes up with a fun name to represent them
* Every week, you can earn points for your team by participating in the Open workouts
* The workouts are released every Thursday at 8pm starting THIS WEEK (Thurs. Feb. 21)
* You have until Monday at 8pm to complete the workout and submit your score online
* Every Friday during the Open, we will host "Friday Night Lights" which is a super fun event where the intramural teams go head to head and we run the workouts in heats with designated judges. We promote the Friday evening group heavily to get as many people as possible in the box competing together and feeding off each other's energy!
* 1 point for completing the workout and submitting your score to the CrossFit Games website ON TIME
* 3, 2 or 1 point for every athlete who finishes among the top 3 women or top 3 men in the gym per workout (in all skill divisions - RX, scaled, and masters). 3 points will be awarded for first place, 2 points for second place, and 1 point for 3rd place.
*3 points for winning the “Spirit of the Open” award which will be given on each of the 5 weeks to the most deserving team (voted for by your team captain)
Talk to your coaches if you have any questions! Even if you can't attend Friday Night Lights, you can still participate in the intramurals and be placed on a team! Don't think about it...you're ready...put your hard work to the test and JUST DO IT!
Now on to your Wednesday Stamina Day WOD!
Wednesday Feb. 20, 2019
Squat Cleans 65/95
Post-WOD: SIGN UP FOR THE OPEN!!